Slate targets manufacturing, distribution and service businesses; preferred industries include business services, distribution, light manufacturing, and food & beverage.
Annual cash flow of $3 million to $15 million.
Companies with headquarters located in the Eastern half of the United States.
Slate requires a controlling interest in acquired companies.
Key Business Characteristics
• Stable or recurring revenue
• Identifiable growth opportunities
• Sustainable margins
• High returns on invested capital/limited capital intensity
• Significant barriers to entry and/or significant market share
• Simple, understandable businesses
• Non-cyclical industries
Slate will pay intermediary and finders’ fees.